Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Study Continued... leaves and apples

I wanted to start this post by sharing the final products of a couple things we finished up this week that were started last week.  The first thing we finished up was our sun catcher leaf murals.  The students were excited to see them hung from the ceiling. 


 We also completed our leaf rubbing murals.  The students painted over the leaf rubbings with liquid watercolor paints.  We hung them in our classroom, but I didn't get a complete picture of them.   I just have one where I cropped half of them out from the background of another photo.


"It's like I'm a real painter."- Andrew


Before we visited the farm last week, we investigated apples.  We looked the similarities and differences between different varieties of apples.  Students used magnifying glasses to look at details and used colored pencils and crayons to document their findings.  We read this book before investigating the apples!












The students enjoyed the apple activities, but after visiting Tuken's farm, they were so enthusiastic about pumpkins we just moved on.  My philosophy of teaching enables me to see what the students are excited about and dive in to learn about it.  We have now moved on to studying pumpkins!  The children couldn't be more thrilled.  

Mrs. Atkin



















No comments:

Post a Comment