Sunday, June 9, 2013

Last week of kindergarten

I can't believe we completed our school year.  The year has simply flown by and I will miss each and every child. Although I love that our school is an early childhood center, it would be wonderful to see all these children walk the halls as first graders.  In the past, some have come back to visit, and I have seen others at district events.  It's always sad to say goodbye, but I wish all of you well if we don't cross paths again.   

Even though it was our last week of school we were VERY busy.  The students worked diligently completing portfolios.  We added photographs from quarters with students dictations, 4th quarter writing samples and work from our transportation study.  In addition, we collected all the classroom work we have done together such as class posters, projects, etc... and auctioned them off.  Each child got to choose about 3 items from the classroom.  

We also participated in field day and had a great time.  Here are some photos to document our day!











Later in the week we had our awards ceremony and video.  Everyone enjoyed the video and awards, but every time I have to say goodbye, I get teary-eyed.  It gets me every time.  I will miss these children so much, and they have all left an imprint on my heart.  Every child I teach continues to mold me into a better teacher, and I'm grateful to have had such a wonderful class.

I hope everyone has an incredible summer.  
Mrs. Julie Atkin


No comments:

Post a Comment